|
|
8:45 PM
Tuesday, November 30, 2010 HELLO, BLOG WITH THE MOST APPROPRIATE TITLE I COULD EVER IMAGINE! Today was... fun. Great. Amazing. Fantastic. Wonderfully brilliant. Things that happened today happened my way. Sort of. First, Math class. I was 10 minutes late. But then my professor just remembered to take the attendance when I came inside the classroom, lol. And then we had to solve things on the board. In my performance sheet, I had 1 recitation already (I defined Calculus. First week of semester, lol!). I got picked out again today, but the professor cancelled my turn when he saw that 1 recitation I had on my sheet. And so it seems like all of us in class will get only 1 recitation this semester, since our professor skips out those who've recited already, even though we recited eons ago. Win. Second. Biology class. Okay, I am pretty sure I failed that pop quiz, but I realized something even better during class: it was the first time I appreciated Biology so much! So much that I silently prayed that our professor wouldn't notice it's already 15 minutes before 10:00 (grace period stuff) and just go on with the lecture. It all started when our professor discussed about the surface of the cell and its junctions. Animal cells doesn't have cell walls, right? But they have these sort-of walls surrounding them called the ECM. Extracellular matrix, I think. Anyway, what perked me up about these is that because of the technology today, people can actually see how the ECM looks like (it's barely visible because animal cells wouldn't be able to move around much if they have really thick cell walls). And then there's this fluorescent microscopic thingy which can show you the things that made up the ECM. Yes, those really really small things. They all look so colorful under the fluorescent microscopic thingy! It was just so amazing. O-kay I sound so geeky I should shut up. Third. Biology laboratory class. Since it's lunch time before this class, we went to the lab early. My two friends and I were talking about stuff when a ~certain someone~ arrived. And as usual, I felt so nervous when I waved hi to him. He sat on the chair beside mine, but ironically I really didn't feel nervous about this one at all. He does that, the waving hi and the sitting beside me thing, every laboratory class, lol. Okay, so anyway, I forgot we had to cut out plates (that's what our activity papers are called. Weird, because the Fine Arts majors call their own activity stuff plates, too) and read them so that we'll know what to do during the experiment. So okay, I totally suck at cutting the pages of a book (our laboratory manual). And I'm left-handed. Then, the strangest (but the most amazing) thing happened: ~he~ offered to help me cut the pages. Okay, I'm a shallow person but lol, he rarely does that to anyone. It went like this: So there I was, barely cutting that certain page straight. My left hand was holding the scissors, and my right hand was holding the page I was cutting. So the other pages of the book were in the way of my cutting, which annoyed the hell out of me. ~Him~: Let me help you with that. /holds the other parts of the book PLUS the page I was cutting I was silent the whole time I cut those pages. Yes, there were 10 pages that needed to be cut. So... 8D. And then my two friends, who are both girls, were giggling and whispering like crazy while he and I were working. I'm a girl, too, so the moment they started whispering, I knew they were talking about us. Which was totally fine by me, since they know that I like the guy, but lol, giggling like there's no tomorrow? Dude, talk about being obvious! Good thing the guy is oblivious to things like these, and my friends eventually stopped talking about it and talked about something else. So we finished cutting the pages just in time for lab class, yay! The experiment we did today was really interactive. We had to go outside the building to cover up some leaves of plants and we went to the darkest part of the hallway to prove that light is needed for photosynthesis. We finished 30 minutes before dismissal. Double yay! My other friends (I have 8 close friends, okay? lol) were waiting for us outside the classroom. Yes, including him. We were all joking around until we went outside and go on our separate ways. The two girl friends I mentioned above was with me (we all go to SM North), and the rest were going to Katipunan (including him). So the three of us walked silently until we were a block away from the building. One friend started talking about what happened earlier. She said we looked like we're filming a Korean drama that time, lol. She and my other friend felt the same way I felt that time: fangirly joy, for the first time ever! They rarely get fangirly about something (except Korean dramas), okay? Lol. So that's when I had the urge to express my overflowing joy: I squealed. As in, that fangirly squeal I rarely do because I have no one to flail with that has the same intensity of squealing as I am. Yes, that squeal. I was grinning like the Cheshire Cat the whole time until we reached SM North. End of story. Weird. Weird talaga. |